Herring Hooks Schoolhouse

The Herring Hooks Schoolhouse, the most recent addition to the Village, was dedicated on April 13, 2013. It is a replica of the original 1881 Herring Hooks one room schoolhouse where Mrs. Thomas J. Hooks taught.

The original building, once known as the Herring Hooks Hunting Lodge, was located on the east side of US 27, north of SR 50 near Jack’s Lake.